What The World Desires Right Now Are Great Coaches!
Coaching rapidly grew as a system for enabling anyone to create more choices in life. Coaching is about creating choices where previously choices were lacking. Coaching is all about helping people to create powerful changes. So the more people coaching touches, the more powerful the world can be. It’s all about aiding people to reach their full potential. Coaching is a profession that helps you produce extraordinary results in others life, career, business, or organization.
Coaching clients have noted:
- Greater Self-Confidence
- Fresh Perspectives on Personal Challenges
- Enhanced Decision-making Skills
- Greater Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Increased Confidence
- Enhanced Relationships
- More Effective Communications Skills
- Better Work-and-Life Balance and
- An Improvement in Wellness
Coaching Vs Therapy
Therapy deals with healing pain, illness, dysfunction, and conflict within an individual or in relationships. The focus is often on resolving difficulties arising from the past (hence, the process is past focussed) that hamper an individual’s emotional functioning in the present, improving overall psychological functioning, and dealing with the present in more emotionally healthy ways.
Coaching, on the other hand, supports personal and professional growth based on a self-initiated change in pursuit of specific actionable outcomes. These outcomes are linked to personal or professional success. Coaching is future focussed.
Coaching Vs Consulting
Individuals or organizations hire or induct the consultants for their expertise. The consultant will diagnose problems and prescribe and, sometimes, implement solutions, that is the approach of any consultant. A Consultant’s expertise is usually the main thing they share with clients. Consultants often do a lot of measuring and testing (which is left-brained activity, it’s about taking linear steps toward a specific goal).
Coaches are not consultants, hence they do not offer advice or tell their clients what to do. In coaching, the assumption is that individuals or teams are capable of generating their own solutions. The Coach only supplies frameworks, supportive and discovery-based approaches. Coaching is predominately “right-brained”. It’s about growth and evolution.
Coaching Vs Mentoring
A mentor is an expert who provides wisdom and guidance based on his or her own experience. Mentoring may include advising, counseling and coaching. Mentoring is relationship oriented. It seeks to provide a safe environment where the mentoree shares whatever issues affect his or her professional and personal success. Although specific learning goals or competencies may be used as a basis for creating the relationship, its focus goes beyond these areas to include things, such as work/life balance, self-confidence, self-perception, and how the personal influences the professional. Mentoring is development driven. Its purpose is to develop the individual not only for the current job, but also for the future. This distinction differentiates the role of the immediate manager and that of the mentor. It also reduces the possibility of creating conflict between the employee’s manager and the mentor.
Coaching is performance driven. The purpose of coaching is to improve the individual’s performance on the job. This involves either enhancing current skills or acquiring new skills. Once the coachee successfully acquires the skills, the coach is no longer needed. The coaching process does not include advising or counseling and focuses instead on individuals or groups setting and reaching their own objectives. Coaching is short term. A coach can successfully be involved with a coachee for a short period of time, maybe even just a few sessions. The coaching lasts for as long as is needed, depending on the purpose of the coaching relationship.
Coaching Vs Training
Coaching and training are often used interchangeably, and that generally leads to confusion. Training is all about transferring knowledge, usually structured and learning focused. Training programs are actually based on objectives set out by the trainer or facilitator. Training also assumes a linear learning path that coincides with an established curriculum. Training hopes that learners will remember knowledge so it can be applied.
Coaching is all about enhancing skills and knowledge, usually unstructured and focussed on development. Though objectives are cleared in the coaching process, they are set by the individual or team being coached, with guidance provided by the coach. Coaching is less linear without a set curriculum.
Coaching Vs Counseling
Counseling is past focussed and the methods of the counseling are problem-focused. A Counsellor works towards emotions and gives advice and recommendations. The Counsellor has the answers and gives diagnosis and treatment.
Coaching is future focussed, solution focussed and works towards the outcomes.
Coaching is unlocking people’s potential to maximize their own performance
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT TRANSFORMATION COACHING
- As the business environment becomes more complex, they will increasingly turn to coaches for help in understanding how to act.
- Rapid changes are taking place in the external business environment.
- Companies faced a shortage of talent and were concerned about turnover among key employees
- Firms wanted to signal their commitment to developing their high-potential executives, so they are hiring coaches. At the same time, businesspeople needed to develop not just quantitative capabilities but also people-oriented skills, and many coaches are helpful for that.
- The disparity between what managers were trained to do and what their jobs now require of them is widening due to increasing demands for competitive results.
- People are wrestling with job insecurity and increased workplace pressures to perform at higher levels than ever before.
- Companies must develop inclusive, collaborative work environments to achieve strategic business goals and to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- As coaching has become more common, any stigma attached to receiving it at the individual level has disappeared. Now, it is often considered a badge of honor.
- The big developing economies—Brazil, China, India, and Russia— have a tremendous appetite for it because management there is very youthful.
- Individuals who have experienced the excellent results of coaching are talking to more people about it.
- People today are more open to the idea of being in charge of their own lives. Coaching helps them do just that.
In short, coaching helps individuals and companies focus on what matters most in life and business.
What is Corporate Coaching?
Corporate coaching is an advanced level of coaching that works to improve individual performance with the main goal of improving organizational performance /goals/outcomes. It aims to help individuals realize their true potential so that they have the thriving motivation, inner zeal, confidence, and determination to carry out their professional tasks as efficiently as possible. It is oriented toward identifying and improving on developmental needs instead of ignoring them.
Where does it fit in?
Corporate Coaching can take place with individuals or groups. Face-to-face Coaching can be supported by telephone or teleconferencing (Zoom, Skype, Appear) contact. Our Coaches can work to a specific schedule or on a retainer, and provide long term support, or be brought in to accelerate change or a specific project.
What are the benefits?
- Organizations that incorporate coaching into their culture see sustainable improvements in key areas, including internal and external communications, productivity, employee attitudes, and recruitment and retention of staff.
- Coaching improves employee morale, which results in increased productivity, which contributes to organizational development.
- A well-trained and charged team of employees helps the organization grow in almost every aspect. In fact, some companies that have inculcated corporate coaching have reported cost reduction and bottom-line productivity.
- Corporate coaching help employees achieve individual benefits viz. high happiness quotient, improved relationships with colleagues and superiors. This means that the coaching program also helps in team building, which is necessary for achieving team or organizational goals.
- Individuals who have undergone corporate coaching programs also reported increased satisfaction with their job.